Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Deeper Understanding

Very thankful to report that Hivesgate 2012 is officially OVER! Booyah! I went to bed Wednesday night red, itchy, and miserable. Slept through the entire night and woke up 95% restored. It is amazing what the power of prayer can do. Many thanks to those in the body who were praying for my recovery. I appreciate your love and intercession on my behalf. These two little people are also thankful to have Mom back to normal.


This month, we have been making a conscious effort to have our friends and family over for lunches and dinners. It's been a lot of fun and also very encouraging. Last night was no exception. Shay and Linds have been married for a couple of years and we always enjoy spending time with them...however, we had never invited them over to eat dinner even though we have talked about how much fun it would be if they were to come over. Finally got it on the calendar and looked to Pinterest for dinner AND dessert suggestions. Pleased to report that BOTH choices went according to Pinterest promise. And, the conversation was funny at times, reflective at times, and uplifting all the time. Those are the best of evenings. Gave me a lot to think about today as I went about my chores and projects.

Then, at my parents house this evening, I ended up being able to share some of what we talked about byway of encouraging one of my siblings who is dealing with some things at the moment. And, in the process, my sister Megan shared some things with us that have left me very humbled because seeing how deeply affected she is about realizing how much we need the Lord in our lives strengthens my resolve and challenges me to go deeper into my pursuit of Him. Not lazily loping along after it or fitting it in when it's convenient, but full out sprinting in pursuit of understanding Him and what He is wanting to accomplish in His people. She shared the story of the blind man calling out for Jesus and how nothing was going to dissuade him or shame him away from what he was doing because he realized Jesus was EVERYTHING he needed. And how Jesus had compassion on him and healed him. And how she is asking the Lord to fill her with that same compassion and ability to love His people. That is what I need in my walk as well. More compassion. Less judging and less impatience. More love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment