Total Pageviews

Friday, February 8, 2013

Hissy Fit Update

Things are improving significantly since my last hissy fit / post. Mostly because I realize that I am my own worst enemy when it comes to life. I'm the perfectionist. I'm the overcommitment freak. I'm the first to volunteer for EVERYTHING. I have the hardest time telling someone no. AND, I'm the world's worst about not keeping my big mouth shut and my hand by my side whenever I see that there is something that needs to be done / it appears that there is something that needs to be done. Maybe, if I hung back more, it would give other people time to offer to take care of everything. Right?

So, here's the deal. I start my grant writing class on the 20th of this month. It's a 6 week course. I am hosting a dinner on the 15th. I'm hosting a dinner on the 21st for about 30 min and then Pete will take over so I can go to the United Way's allocations meeting - I'm a panel chair again this year. I have a Leadership Duncan meeting on the 18th where I have to help recap Social Service Day and share the results of the two surveys I analyzed on behalf of the steering committee. After that, we have sweet baby E's first birthday blow out on the 24th (celebrating a little early), a photo shoot on March 2, and a banquet on March 14.

THAT IS IT. So, I have made myself a promise to agree to NOTHING ELSE. If it's not on my calendar yet, it's just not gonna happen. I hate being so inflexible, but we are talking about my sanity here. And my ability to be nice to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment