Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

Mama

There is something about hearing that word from my sweet little boy that makes my heart almost burst. He has the sweetest little mouth with the fullest little rose colored lips and when he smiles with his opened mouth smile and all I can see are his little pearly white teeth peeking through followed by a very emphatic "MA-MA"... that almost bursting floods through my veins and rushes from my top of my head to the ends of my toes. If I think about it more than a split second, tears well up in the corners of my eyes and I have to quickly stop myself or I will want to sit in the floor with him and smother his little cheeks with kisses and whisper in his ear how much I love him too.

No matter what our day has held to this point, no matter how crazy things can be, no matter how tired or sick we have been at some points...no matter what, I wake up and can't wait to get him out of his baby bed so I can hug him and kiss him and tell him good morning. I can't wait to see what he learns how to do today. I can't wait to see which word he says next. I can't wait to talk to him about everything and nothing. I can't wait to listen to him babble about the world around him. And, at the end of the day, I can't wait to slowly bring things to a close and start calming him down so he can have a peaceful, dream filled night. Talking to him about our busy day while he's splashing around in the bathtub. Using his nighttime lotion on his soft, sweet baby skin. Singing his favorite songs to him. Watching him finally giving into the sleepytime train as it pulls into the station.

Throughout my day and into my night and right before I go to sleep, the thought that continually runs in the background of my brain is what a privileged woman I am to have been entrusted with this sweet, amazing baby. He has been a blessing from the very beginning. As soon as we found out we were having a baby, he has been a blessing to us. And, I am confident that he will continue to be all the days of my life. And it's a journey I am looking forward to continuing with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment