Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2013

2013

Things have been off to a wild beginning this year. Wild as in lots of things to do and lots of sick babies and lots of figuring things out.

Things are back on track relationshipwise which is good news. From what I can gather, my husband has been overwhelmed with all of the work stressors and was bringing it home unintentionally. He was promoted and transferred to another office right after the new year and since then, things are much better for him which means things are much better for us. I have also been helping him figure out how to finish up his bachelor's degree in the UK because he's just one class short of graduating. I think we will both feel better when that has been finished. We have come up with a solution on the work front that will still give me the flexibility to stay home with the babies, but I can bring in a second income on the side which will help relieve some of the stress / pressure he has been carrying for the past several months.

I have been busy with my new consulting projects and the babies and working hard to get our newly started alma mater local chapter off the ground. I have two amazing people helping me and that is going to make the process a lot smoother. I had to laugh today though because I realized that in my enthusiasm at finding new friends who share my love of something, I am probably coming on a little strong and need to tone it down before I scare them away.

The one thing that keeps coming back to mind can best be said like...

"I'm only human, I'm just a woman.
Help me believe in what I could be
And all that I am.
Show me the stairway, I have to climb.
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.

Chorus:
One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment